Sales & Prices
OMEGA - Logic Analyzer
OMEGA is a very powerful and fast, flexible, expandable, user-friendly and cost effective logic analyzer with extraordinary large event memory, efficient real-time hardware compression and complex trigger logic. OMEGA operates on a High-Speed USB port and requires no external power supply.
- Extremely large event memory (512 megabit)
- Real-time hardware data compression
- Up to 400 MHz sample speed
- Up to 16 inputs, futher expandable by linking multiple analyzers together using synchronization header
- Real-Time mode utilizing the memory as a FIFO buffer for virtually unlimited recording
- Flexible trigger options
- "Logic probe" mode
- Controlled and powered by USB (High-Speed, 480 Mbps)
- Advanced software (for Windows and Linux)
More information about OMEGA
OMEGA has been designed with most important real-life user requirements in mind:
Extremely large event memory
512 Megabit SDRAM and high efficient hardware compression are ready to fulfill the highest users' demands. The less number of inputs actively use the higher number of events to store. When inputs are still, storage memory is practically not consumed. Considering a typical test OMEGA is able to store up to millions of input changes (e.g. about 10 million bits transfered via high-speed two-wire synchronous bus). With few input changes the maximum test lenght can be around 77 minutes. And there is more - a Real-Time mode which uses the analyzer memory as a FIFO buffer offers almost unlimited recording, depending only on resources of your host PC.
Flexible input/sample speed options
- 16 inputs at 200 MHz
- 8 inputs at 400 MHz
- 15 inputs + 1 synchronous clock input (trailing or falling edge), clock speed from 1 MHz to 99.9 MHz, asynchronous time scale
You can measure more than 16 inputs simultaneously providing multiple analyzers are linked together using synchronization header and synchonization cable (both supplied as a standard accessory). Guaranteed accuracy of synchronization among the analyzers is ±5 ns for two analyzers and ±10 ns for three analyzers in chain.
Complex trigger logic
Many various triggering options in the 16 inputs/200 MHz mode:
- Any value or edge on any input condition
- Defined duration of the condition ("longer than" and/or "shorter than")
- Sequence of two different conditions
- 16-bit counter - triggering after N-th occurence of the condition
- Extensive condition definition options using logical functions (N)AND,(N)OR,(N)XOR
Standard triggering options in the 8 inputs/400 MHz mode - triggering on the input signal edge.
Trigger point can be placed to any position of recorded events from the very beginning to the end.
- Ready for plugins - both ASIX and user definable, e.g. protocol analyzers (like I2C, SPI, UART, Full-Speed and Low-Speed USB, ...).
- Ready for easy multi-language support (not applicable for plugins).
- Waveforms can be saved and loaded to a computer hard disc.
- Waveforms can be exported to a text file for further processing.
- Waveforms can be printed on a printer.
- Flexible trace definition (any combination of input signals and constant logic levels) and trace representation (signals, buses - binary,
octal, decimal, hexadecimal, ASCII). Input signal can be used in more than one trace.
- Free protocol analyzers: UART, I2C and SPI. USB protocol analyzer (Low-Speed and Full-Speed) can be purchased separately.
- An extremely powerful tool for an advanced user: omegartmcli, binconvert, bin2stf and stf2bin functions for data streaming.
- Flexible control using mouse and keyboard.
- Can be used as portable application.
- Can be used for automated acquisition.
Personal computer requirements: Windows 7 and higher, Pentium 4 (dual-core processor recommended), at least 1 GB RAM (2 GB and more RAM recommended).
Software also works under LINUX (using WINE) - read more...
To illustrate the considerable capabilities of SIGMA2 and OMEGA logic analyzers we have prepared various
examples of measured waveforms - USB, parallel bus (processor, display) and serial bus (I2C, JTAG, UART, SD card).
- Easy connection to PC - the comfortable High-Speed USB interface.
- Low power - no power supply adaptor needed.
- Logic probe mode - OMEGA displays momentary logic levels on all 16 inputs.
- Detailed LED indication for instant and intuitive status checking.
- Fast operation - less than 1 second delay for any selected view. (Full data download takes few seconds).
- Input threshold level is suitable for TTL, LVTTL and 2.7 to 5.5V CMOS levels
- Upgradability - due to flexible design based on Xilinx FPGAs it will be possible to upgrade and enhance SIGMA2 functionality by simple
software update (e.g. frequency, period and duty cycle measurement)
- Small, lightweight and compact.
SIGMA2 - inexpensive fast and flexible USB logic analyzer with large memory